Recovery Trust Forum

Mental Illness Guide: Care, Support, and Education
The Recovery Trust home page
[Home] [Support Group] [Ask an Expert] [What's New] [Search] [Help]


I need more money to pay my bills

Part of this website has been designed to help you find money offered by the state and federal governments.  It will tell you what programs you may be eligible for. It will also tell you how to apply for these programs. There are several programs that help people with mental illnesses and their families pay for bills and treatment, and the website will tell you about many of these programs.

The programs include Social Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), Veterans' Benefits, Medical Assistance/Medicaid, the Behavioral Health Choices Program, the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and the Special Pharmaceuticals Benefit Program (SPBP) to name a few.

The website has information on programs that help you pay your water, gas and electric bills. The government runs some of these programs. Others are run by your water, gas or electric company. These programs can give you money directly for emergencies. They can set up an affordable payment plan for you to pay your bills. They can also teach you how to manage your money so that you can pay your bills on time.

The website has information on programs that help you pay for things like food and clothes. It can also tell you if you qualify for programs that give you money in emergencies.